Korg Pa1X Pro Elite 76-Key Professional Arranger Workstation
Hard to find one at this price
About This Keyboard
This PA-1X Pro Elite is in excellent condition and sounds AMAZING!!!. All of the keys play well and there are no chipped or broken ones. The floppy drive, DVD drive and hard drive are in perfect working order and cosmetically it is very good with just a few small scratches here and there but nothing more than you should expect on a used keyboard. The only issue we found is the left/mono output does not seem to be working. We used the right and it works just fine. I have included a lot of pictures and a video and I think you can just let them speak for themselves.
This full-featured arranger will have you making and perfecting your music in no time.
The Pa1X Pro Elite is a complete tool for the musical professional. Intuitive, powerful, and interactive, it provides some of the most stunning sound you will hear from an Arranger keyboard. The Elite is a Pa1X Pro version that comes with the CD Drive and MP3 Board options already installed. With it, you can enjoy a full-featured arranger, with all that is needed to play and record MP3 files, listen to Audio CDs, and backup your data to a rewritable CD-ROM. You're getting more for your money.
Korg's history in Acc (Arranger) keyboards started with the legendary i3, a landmark in musical instruments, and then passed through many generations of successful arrangers until their most successful professional Arranger keyboard ever — the Pa80. Since the company is made up of musicians, they wanted to do even better, so they aimed for the most powerful and easy-to-use musical arranger they could imagine. To achieve this goal, they used RX Technology. It underlies every sound, every function, and every feature of the Pa1X Pro Elite, and lead them to look for the best vocal sound and processing possible, knowing an audience wants to hear a great voice that goes with great music.
TC Helicon inside
Looking for the best, Korg forged links with another world-class audio technology company, TC Electronic, to combine their audio vision with successful vocal technologies already used in the musical and sound recording worlds. The Pa1X Elite includes as standard the world-acclaimed TC Helicon Voice Processor featuring EQ and professional quality effects (reverb, chorus, etc.), designed and shaped specifically for vocals. These effects, combined with a dedicated high quality mic preamp, ensure your vocals have the highest sound quality possible. The TC Helicon Voice Processor also features voice doubling and 4-voice harmonizer. Simply connect your microphone and start to play, so along with the fantastic Korg sounds you'll also have a widely respected and recognized processor for your voice.
Easy to use
With all the technological power packed inside, Korg felt it was vital that they also made the Pa1X Elite simple to understand and easy to use. Even more, they wanted the whole way you use the Pa1X Pro Elite to be an intuitive, musical, fast, foolproof experience. The new graphical user interface uses an amazing new Graphical Color Touch Screen to help you work in a faster, logical, and intuitive way. Two of the most respected professional synthesisers in the world — the Korg Trinity and Triton — pioneered the use of TouchScreen technology. Naturally, Korg based the Pa1X user interface on the feedback from some of the most successful musicians in the world to create this advanced Graphical Colour Touch Screen. All the power of the Pa1X Pro Elite can be controlled with just one finger. Think. Point. Touch. That's RX Technology at work. The controls are laid out sensibly so there is no need to search for what you need. Switches and sliders are assignable so your live performances work the way you want them to. For one song, the sliders can be organ drawbars, for another volume controls for each part of a backing style. Nothing stands between you and your professional performance. Having a hard time making something work? Check out the multilingual contextual Help System that is standard on board! It's RX Technology at your service.
The sound quality of the Pa1X Elite simply has to be heard to be believed. Korg wants you and your audience to feel like there is a real band on stage — that the Pa1X Elite experience is real for you and your audience to believe. So they redesigned what was already a powerful synth sound engine available to give you a richer, more detailed, sophisticated natural sound. The Pa1X Pro Elite gives you musical instruments from almost every genre exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy, and richness. You'll get multi-level samples of the instruments you know and use:
- Drums (acoustic and electronic)
- Basses (acoustic and electric)
- Guitars (acoustic and electric)
- Organs (rotary and church)
- Sax (tenor, alto, and soprano)
- Trombone and Flugelhorn
- Electric Piano
With more realistic sounds, you will discover new horizons in playing and experiencing music, with a broad range too. The Pa1X Elite ROM has more than 870 ROM sounds, including a stereo acoustic piano, plus an extra 48 drum kits. In addition, the RAM area may contain up to 256 sounds and 64 drum kits. This is an amazing number of high quality instruments and covers almost every musical need. Of course, there is full on-board sound editing too!
New Sounds Through Sound Expansion
Not enough sounds? If you want to add more, the Pa1X Pro Elite has two slots available for the addition of optional user-installable, 16MB Korg sound upgrade boards. These can provide up to 512 extra sounds and 128 extra drum kits.
Still not enough sounds for you? In the real professional world you work in, you may need to add even more of your own custom sounds. The Sampling section is a fully developed feature to satisfy almost any professional need. You can create (record) up to 32 MB of your own samples and multisamples (with optional added SIMM chips). Or you can load Wave, AIFF, Korg format files, and the incredible Akai sample library — about the largest sample library available. The Pa1X Pro Elite also features professional editing facilities such as loop, cut, normalize, and cropping of samples. A special "Time Slice" feature allows you to slice audio grooves and import the audio data into a Style for cool rhythms.
The great sound doesn't stop there. Korg's professional synthesizer range has earned a reputation over many years for outstanding on board studio quality effects covering every need: reverb, delay, chorus, etc. The Pa1X Pro Elite has four Stereo Master Effects processors with an incredible 90 effects (including a Vocoder) to choose from.
Matching the high sound quality is a new set of deluxe styles, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world. We employed different style writers according to their various musical strengths. The result is hundreds and hundreds of preloaded Styles that provide the incredible realism and richness. Covering an expanded range of musical genres, this arranger gives you styles for every important performance. You can record and edit your own styles on board as well if you require a special Style Collection! The Pa1X Pro Elite also has new Fill 3/Break and Intro 3/Count In Style Elements to add realism to your performance. There will also be new Styles forthcoming as they are created by Korg and other compatible 3rd parties.
Korg's Pa80 introduced the world's first Arranger keyboard with two separate MIDI file players. The Pa1X Pro Elite also has these two players, and you can play your audio CD or MP3 files using the same sequencer controls. This unique control unit means no need for external DAT, Minidisk, MP3, or CD players as they are all included. With the MP3 board you can even record your entire performance (vocals and Pa1X Pro Elite sounds), encode it as an MP3 file, save it to the built-in hard disk, and then send it via the USB connector to your computer.
Sequencer & Backing Sequence
Along with a powerful and fully programmable multitrack sequencer, you can use Backing Sequences to create songs based over styles — quickly and easily. You don't need to be a master programmer to be able to write your own song in minutes. This approach to quick programming is also useful for use in a studio where you want to create music for films, video, multimedia, or Internet applications.
This exciting new feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live. The SongBook is a musical database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You only have to search the title of the song you would like to play, select it, and hit "Play". The SongBook can use Styles, Midi files, or MP3 files to immediately recall settings such as Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, Volumes, Sounds, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Easy Edit, 4 STS (Single Touch Settings is a memory that recalls sounds for all the realtime tracks - upper1, 2, 3 & lower + pads), Master Transpose, and more.
You can configure and edit almost anything in the Pa1X Pro Elite. Styles, Performances, and Programs can all be fully modified and saved. Settings for Sliders, Switches, Pads, Global (Midi channels, output routings, etc.) can be modified and saved as well. Scales are fully programmable and include quarter tone settings and a programmable Arabic Scale. If you are playing an organ sound, you will enjoy using the Sliders as Drawbars. With all of this control, the Pa1X Pro Elite functions as a superb MIDI controller (Master Keyboard).
Naturally, the Pa1X Pro Elite has all the connectivity you need, including 4 separate audio outs, 2 line ins, 1 balanced XLR input for microphone, a USB (Slave) connection, and a digital S/PDIF coaxial output with better than CD quality output.
Even though this arranger is all new, it is also compatible with the old "i-series" style format and with all files of Pa60 and Pa80 products. All your Pa50, Pa60, & Pa80 sound programs will work in it as well. This allows you to keep your favorite sounds and styles while benefiting from a cutting-edge keyboard. It also supports the main musical formats like SMF (Standard Midi File), Karaoke files, CD-Audio, MP3 files, GM, and GM2 (General Midi). It is able to show lyrics in the most popular karaoke formats.
A USB connection (Slave) allows you to connect your Pa1X Pro Elite to a computer (Mac OS X, Win 98, 2000, XP). It makes it easy to organize, edit, process, copy, and create back-ups of your music.
Korg's weighted keybed is designed and built in Europe. The keyboard is velocity sensitive and also features aftertouch.
- Keyboard: 76 semi-weighted keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology
- Multitasking - load while play feature
- Operative System upgradable from floppy disk
- SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator:
- KORG HI Synthesis (Hyper Integrated Synthesis System)
- 62 Voices
- 62 Oscillators
- Filters with resonance
- 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems
- 89 Effects types plus VOCODER
- Voice Processor Technology by TC Helicon (Four-part Harmonizer, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, EQ)
- Sounds-Drum Kits:
- More than 870, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds, 48 Drum Kits
- User area - 256 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits
- Digital Drawbars - 8 Footages
- Realtime control - Assignable Sliders
- Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Sampling - Record, Edit, Time Slice, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff, and Akai files
- Export of WAV and Aiff files
- PCM RAM Memory - 16MB standard, expandable up to 32MB with an optional 16MB SIMM module
- PCM ROM Expansion - 2 slots available, for up to 32MB of additional samples (up to 512 extra Sounds and 128 Drum Kits)
- More than 450 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable
- Up to 608 available Style locations
- Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style
- Direct Floppy Disk (up to 96 Styles) and Direct Hard Disk (up to 288 Styles) functions
- Compatible with old "i-Series" Style and Pa80/60 series Style, Performance, Program, Song
- Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions
- Up to 96 User Style locations
- Style controls - 4 Variations, 2 Fills, 2 Intros, 2 Endings, Intro 3/Count In, Fill 3/Break, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- 320 Realtime Performance locations
- STS - Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 608 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
- Realtime Tracks:
- Four keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower)
- 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play:
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player
- 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Pause, (Fast Forward) controls
- Balance control
- Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen, or on an external video monitor (with option installed)
- Jukebox function
- Compatible with SMF formats 0 and 1
- Reads Audio CDs and MP3 files
- Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack, and Step Record functions
- Full-featured sequencer
- 16 tracks
- Up to 200,000 events
- SMF native format
- Fully programmable music database based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, and MP3 files with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes
- User-definable custom lists
- Filtering options
- MP3 Player/Recorder:
- EXBP-MP3 board option installed
- Plays and records MP3 files with realtime enconding
- Multi Pad: 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General controls: Master Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Tracks Volume, Quarter Tone, and Arabic Scale memorized inside Performance/STS
- Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), 8 assignable sliders, 4 assignable switches, dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control inputs: Damper pedal, Assignable pedal/switch, EC-5 (programmable multi-switches)
- Analog output: Left/Mono, Right, Out 1, Out 2, headphones
- Digital output: S/PDIF (48 kHz - coaxial) mirroring main stereo outputs
- Analog input: 2 Line In, 1 Mic In (XLR balanced) with Gain control
- MIDI: 2 In, 2 Out (toggle as Thru ports) - Individual track assignment - 8 user definable MIDI setups
- USB: Connector Type B (slave) - USB ver. 1.1
- USB Drive
- Hard disk: 2.5" ATA hard disk drive installed
- DVD burner option installed
It is important to remember that when buying a used keyboard it may not operate or look exactly like a new one. Used keyboards develop wear over time that can cause such items as function buttons, knobs, sliders etc. to fail to operate as smoothly or easily as when they were new. Our technician does check these items and if they are deemed unusable they are replaced but some function buttons may require more pressure or manipulation to make the appropriate changes. Cosmetically your used keyboard may have scuffs, scratches, cracks to plastic pieces, discolored keys or other visual impairments that might not show up in the photos. We try to mention any obvious visual imperfections but may not consider them serious enough to post in the listing.