Roland Fantom G6 Professional Workstation
About This Fantom G6
This Roland Fantom G6 is in very good condition with just a few scuffs and scratches mostly confined to the end caps. The huge screen is bright and clear, all of the buttons and knobs work well and all of the keys play properly with no cracked or broken ones. It has the newest OS version 1.50 already installed and it includes a whopping 512 meg of ram along with a power cord. Be sure to look at the picture and watch the video as they are part of the listing description.
Roland's Most Powerful Sampling Synth Workstation Ever!
The Roland Fantom-G6 61-key sampling synthesizer workstation represents Roland's most powerful live workstation ever. The Fantom-G6 features a 61-key configuration for great feel and expression. a comprehensive set of buttons and sliders, combined with a large graphic user interface, gives you command over its incredibly powerful sound engine. The onboard audio/MIDI sequencer allows up to 128 tracks (including 24 audio), and you get an astounding set of audio effects. And an ARX SuperNATURAL expansion bay lets you take the G6 to an even higher level of performance!
Roland Fantom G6 61-key Sampling Synthesizer Workstation at a Glance:
- Exclusive operating system update
- Advanced sound engine
- Extra-wide LCD
- SuperNATURAL ARX expansion
KeyboardKountry exclusive - operating system update
We've taken the time to update the Fantom-G's operating system to the most current version, saving you the trouble of downloading and uploading. It features great new piano sounds and new arpeggio flexibility, in addition to other benefits.
Fantom-G Version 1.50 Features:
Advanced sound engine
Driven by a powerful new audio processor, the Fantom-G provides new sonic depth and versatility. With twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor, it contains a treasure trove of Roland's world-famous SRX-quality sounds, but what really sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows additional SuperNATURAL sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added to this already powerful live workstation.
One look and touch and you'll know that the Fantom-G is an instrument without equal. Only the highest-quality materials have been used to create this dream synth, with a stylish, futuristic design that will turn heads. Front and center is the extra-large 8.5" wide TFT color LCD for enhanced productivity. A first-class assortment of handson controls is provided as well, including eight sliders, four knobs, and ten buttons below the LCD.
The Fantom-G is the first Roland instrument to feature Roland's newly designed power sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this pro-level composition tool provides 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully intergraded audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can be also incorporated for computer-like speed and ease. Other convenient features include combo XLR and TRS connector, phantom power for condenser mics, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.
SuperNATURAL ARX expansion
Fantom-G provides ARX slots that accommodate two SuperNATURAL expansion boards. SuperNATURAL is Roland's unique behavior-modeling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression previously unattainable in synthesizers. Applied to traditional-instrument sounds, SuperNATURAL enables the delicate, organic tonal changes and playing nuances of real musical instruments. It's also a powerful tool for electronic and non-traditional sounds, breathing amazing new life and expression into synthesis.
Fantom-G is loaded with a state-of-the-art effects engine, with multi-effects available for each Fantom-G sound/part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used simultaneously. Create complex setups with 16 insert effects per patch, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the onboard sequencer.
Roland Fantom-G6 61-key Sampling Synthesizer Workstation Features:
- Advanced sound engine with double wave capacity of previous flagship workstation
- 2 x ARX expansion with SuperNATURAL performance-expression technology
- Graphic user interface with extra-large 8.5" wide color LCD and mouse connectivity
- Newly developed onboard audio/MIDI sequencer with 128 tracks, including 24 audio tracks
- Multi-effects for each part; up to 22 effects routings can be programmed simultaneously
- Heavy-duty casing with aluminum panel
The Roland Fantom-G6 raises the bar on Roland sampling synth workstations!
Keyboard and Sound Generator Section
- Keyboard:61 keys, with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Mamimum Polyphony:128 voices, shared with the sampling section
- Parts:16 parts (Internal) + 16 parts (External) + 2 parts (ARX)+ 24 parts (Audio Track)
- Wave Memory:256MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset Memory:
- Patches:1,500 + 256 (GM2)
- Rhythm Sets:64 + 9 (GM2)
- Live Sets:512
- Studio Sets:128
- User Memory per one project:
- Rhythm Sets:64
- Live Sets:512
- Studio Sets:128
- Patch Multi-Effects (PFX):16 systems, 76 types
- Multi-Effects (MFX):2 systems, 78 types
- Chorus:1 system, 3 types
- Reverb:1 system, 10 types
- Input Effects:1 system, 6 types
- Mastering Effects:1 system, 3-band compressor
- Data Format:16-bit linear, .WAV or .AIFF
- Sampling Frequency:44.1kHz
- Maximum Sampling Time:
- When sampling memory isn't expanded (32MB):mono: 360 sec. approx., stereo: 180 sec. approx.
- When sampling memory is expanded with DIMM (544MB):mono: 108 min. approx., stereo: 54 min. approx.
- Number of Samples per one project:2,000
- MIDI tracks (Internal/External/ARX):max. 128
- Audio track:max. 24
- Tempo track:1
- Beat track:1
- Resolution:480 TPQN
- Tempo:5.00 to 300.00
- Song per one project:50
- Phrase per one project:2,000
- Note Capacity per one project:approx. 1,000,000 notes
- Song Length:9,998 measures
- Recording Method:
- Realtime recording
- Step recording
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Control Knob x 4
- Control Slider x 8
- Assignable Switch x 2
- D Beam Controller
- Headphones Jack:Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R):1/4 inch TRS phone type
- B Output Jacks (L, R):1/4 inch phone type
- Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R):1/4 inch phone type
- Mic./Guitar Input Jacks:1/4 inch phone type / XLR type (Phantom power)(Hi-Z)
- Pedal Jacks:
- Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition)
- Control Pedal Jack (assignable) x 2
- MIDI Connectors:IN, OUT, THRU
- USB Connectors:
- USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI)
- USB Mouse Connector
- Digital Audio Interface:COAXIAL INPUT / OUTPUT
- Display:Graphic Type, 8.5 inch, Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color)
- Pads:16 pads, Velocity and Polyphonic Aftertouch sensitive
- Expansion for sound generator:ARX expansion boards: 2 slots
- Expansion for sampling memory:DIMM: 1 slot, supports PC133, CL=2/3, 3.3 V, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- External Storage Device:USB Flash Memory
- Power Supply:AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60Hz), AC 220 V (60Hz)
- Power Consumption:30 W
- Owner's Manual
- CD-ROM (Editor, USB MIDI driver)
- Power Cord
Size and Weight
- Width:50-3/8 inches (1,278 mm)
- Depth:16-3/16 inches (411 mm)
- Height:5-5/8 inches (142 mm)
- Weight:36 lbs. 7 oz. (16.5 kg)
It is important to remember that when buying a used keyboard it may not operate or look exactly like a new one. Used keyboards develop wear over time that can cause such items as function buttons, knobs, sliders etc. to fail to operate as smoothly or easily as when they were new. Our technician does check these items and if they are deemed unusable they are replaced but some function buttons may require more pressure or manipulation to make the appropriate changes. Cosmetically your used keyboard may have scuffs, scratches, cracks to plastic pieces, discolored keys or other visual impairments that might not show up in the photos. We try to mention any obvious visual imperfections but may not consider them serious enough to post in the listing.