Roland FA08 Music Workstation
About This Keyboard
Here's your chance to own this Roland FA08 for much less that you'd pay for a new one. This FA-08 is in excellent condition with everything on the keyboard working perfectly and I updated the OS to the newest version 2.03. Cosmetically it is in very good condition with just some scuffs and scratches here and there, along with a small crack on the back right corner but nothing more than you should expect on a used keyboard. It comes with the power adapter. I've included a lot of pictures which should pretty much speak for themselves.
Features From the Roland WebsiteRoland FA-08 Keyboard Workstation at a Glance:
Packed with the sounds and effects you need to create anything
- Packed with the sounds and effects you need to create anything
- Brilliant user interface designed to keep you in the creative zone
- From studio to stage, this is the keyboard workstation you need
The conventional wisdom at Sweetwater is that even the best keyboard workstation isn't worth much without the right sounds. That's why our Sales Engineers are happy to point out the Roland FA-08. This amazing keyboard comes loaded with over 2,000 sounds taken straight from Roland's flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module. This includes the complete SuperNATURAL synth engine (giving the FA-08 the capacity to download entirely new synth sounds) plus a killer set of acoustic tones, drums, and much more.
And you can add even more sounds via the FA-08's internal wave sound expansion slots. And if that wasn't enough, the FA-08 comes loaded with 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors, a TFX (total effects) section, global EQ, chorus, and reverb. Talk about creative possibilities!Brilliant user interface designed to keep you in the creative zone
Ask any keyboard player or pianist, and they'll tell you that feel is a major consideration when it comes to picking the right workstation. Roland has always prided themselves on the feel of their keyboards, and the wonderful texture and playing response of the FA-08's 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard goes quite a way to prove that. But Roland took the same painstaking approach with every part of the FA-08, providing it with the best-feeling pads and the easiest-to-use control layout possible.
From its oversized color LCD to its various control sets, everything about the FA-08 was designed so that you could sit down, put your hands on the controls you need, and start making music. For example, there's a separate SDHC slot for the SP-404SX style groove sampler, and dedicated controls for tweaking your sounds on the fly. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The important thing is that when you sit down in front of your FA-08, it's not the overwhelming experience of interfacing with some monolithic workstation - it's like stepping up to a studio full of high tech gear that's all wired to work together flawlessly.From studio to stage, this is the keyboard workstation you need
How many keyboards do you like schlepping to the average gig? Does the thought of lugging around a full-sized workstation with 88 weighted keys worry you just a little? The Roland FA-08 is the answer to all of your keyboard-related dreams, packing a full studio's worth of music-creation potential into a format that's light enough and small enough to take with you. Powerful real-time performance options such as D-Beam modulation, arpeggiation, looping, and step sequencing make playing out fun and exciting, and the fact that all of these functions are easy to get to and intuitive only makes it all better.
Back in the studio, you'll be impressed by how easily the Roland FA-08 keyboard workstation folds into the rest of your setup. With the push of a button and a simple USB connection, your FA-08 becomes the centerpiece of your studio, acting as your audio interface, MIDI keyboard, control surface, pad controller, and more. What's more, you can connect your FA-08 to your Apple iPad via the camera connection kit, providing you with even greater production power when you have to take your rig on the road.Roland FA-08 Keyboard Workstation Features:
Take your music-production rig to a whole new level with a Roland FA-08 keyboard workstation from Sweetwater!
- Full-service keyboard workstation designed to make creating and performing music fun and intuitive
- Streamlined user interface provides you with a completely uninhibited creative workflow
- Great feeling 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with natural weighted action provides realistic acoustic piano feel
- Includes over 2000 sounds from the flagship Roland INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums
- Add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots or download additional SuperNATURAL synth patches from Roland's Axial sound library site
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads, 4 banks, and direct recording and playback via SDHC cards
- 16-track sequencer with nonstop loop recording lets you build songs quickly
- Export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, as multitrack audio, or as MIDI data
- Polish your sounds with studio-quality effects including 16 independent MFX engines, 6 COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time via 6 user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Press a button to instantly configure your workstation for use with your DAW via USB (control templates for most major DAWs included)
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions open up new possibilities for your live performances
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording
- Dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing or tracking
- USB ports provide connectivity sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer
- MIDI communication with the iPad possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
It is important to remember that when buying a used keyboard it may not operate or look exactly like a new one. Used keyboards develop wear over time that can cause such items as function buttons, knobs, sliders etc. to fail to operate as smoothly or easily as when they were new. Our technician does check these items and if they are deemed unusable they are replaced but some function buttons may require more pressure or manipulation to make the appropriate changes. Cosmetically your used keyboard may have scuffs, scratches, cracks to plastic pieces, discolored keys or other visual impairments that might not show up in the photos. We try to mention any obvious visual imperfections but may not consider them serious enough to post in the listing.
- Type: Keyboard Workstation
- Sound Engine Type(s): SuperNATURAL Synth, Acoustic & Drum, PCM Synth, PCM Drum, GM2 Compatible
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type of Keys: Ivory Feel G, fully weighted with Escapement
- Other Controllers: 1 x Pitchbend/Mod Wheel, 1 x D-Beam, 1 x S1, 1 x S2, 6 x Control Knob, Sample Pads
- Polyphony: 128 Notes
- Number of Presets: 2,000+
- Number of Effects: 16 x MFX, 6 x COMP+EQ, Chorus, Reverb, Master EQ+COMP
- Effects Types: 16 x MFX Engines, 6 x COMP+EQ Processors for Drums, TFX, EQ, Chorus, Reverb
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 16-track
- Sampling: Yes
- Audio Playback: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (Line), 1 x 1/4" (Guitar)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main), 1 x 1/4" (sub)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x Hold, 1 x CTL 1, 1 x CTL 2
- Expansion: 2 x Virtual SRX Slots
- Power Supply: 9V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 5.62"
- Width: 55.75"
- Depth: 14.44"
- Weight: 36.44 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: FA-08