Alesis Quadrasynth Piano Plus
Includes power cord
About This Keyboard
This Alesis Quadrasynth just came in and is in excellent condition. Cosmetically it is very good with just a couple of very small scuffs and scratches here and there. Mechanically it is in perfect working order with everything we know how to test working just as it should. All of the keys play just as they should and all of the buttons and rotatory knobs work well. We're including a power cord
The QuadraSynth was introduced in 1993 by Alesis, and it was their first major synthesizer. It's a 64-voice, 76-key digital synthesizer that also came in a rack-mountable version: the S4 Sound Module. It had a whopping 16 MB of sample ROM, and was the first synth to offer the ADAT Optical Digital interface. It also featured the same multi-effects processor as the QuadraVerb 2, drum kits based on the D4 drum module, 4 assignable control knobs, one PCMCIA card slot, 48kHz clock input, and 4 audio outputs.
The QuadraSynth is undoubtedly a powerful and flexible synthesizer capable of creating rich sounds - both acoustic and electronic. It uses digital additive/subtractive sample playback synthesis to create high quality stereo grand pianos, organs, strings, drums/percussion, brass, woodwinds, new and classic synth textures, and more.
Released in 1995/1996 came the new and improved QuadraSynth Plus synthesizer. The QuadraSynth Plus has more ROM (24MB expandable to 32), many more program patches (640) and mixes (500). The General MIDI library has been added, as well as an 8MB stereo Grand Piano sample (also found in the stream-lined QS7, QS8, QS6.1, QS7.1, QS8.1 and QSR models), and a PCMCIA expansion slot. For an all around versatile modern synthesizer that isn't focused just on dance or trance, be sure to consider the QuadraSynths.
- Type : Sample playback synthesizer keyboard
- Keys: 76 velocity and aftertouch sensitive, semi-weighted, synth-action
- Polyphony : 64 voices
- MIDI Channels : 16
- ROM : 24MB, expandable to 32MB using PCMCIA ROM and RAM cards.
- Sounds : 512 preset 128 user programs, 400 preset and 100 user mixes, expandable using PCMCIA cards.
- Samples : 48kHz Linear samples
- General MIDI : GM compatible.
- Effects : On board effects, based on the Alesis Q2 FX processor
- Drums : Drum kits, rhythm loops
- Input / Output : 4 Audio Out, Phones, MIDI IN, OUT, THRU, ADAT optical digital output, 48kHz input, PCMCIA card slots
- Controls : Pitch wheel, Mod. wheel, 4 assignable control knobs, 3 Pedal inputs
- Sequencer No on-board sequencer
- Other features : Using PCMCIA Flash RAM cards, custom samples and programs can be added. Free sample transfer utility (SoundBridge) software for Mac or Pc.
It is important to remember that when buying a used keyboard it may not operate or look exactly like a new one. Used keyboards develop wear over time that can cause such items as function buttons, knobs, sliders etc. to fail to operate as smoothly or easily as when they were new. Our technician does check these items and if they are deemed unusable they are replaced but some function buttons may require more pressure or manipulation to make the appropriate changes. Cosmetically your used keyboard may have scuffs, scratches, cracks to plastic pieces, discolored keys or other visual impairments that might not show up in the photos. We try to mention any obvious visual imperfections but may not consider them serious enough to post in the listing.